News
End Of Search For 2 Women Abducted In Anambra
It is end of police search for two of 3 women abducted in Anambra, following a shocking discovery in the Omambala River, Anambra West Local Government Area of the state.
The Anambra State Police Command in a statement said it has recovered two female bodies believed to be among three Cameroonian women who were allegedly kidnapped in the state.
Spokesman for the command, SP Ikenga Tochukwu, stated in a statement that the discovery followed intensive search operations conducted on Friday evening by operatives of the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu, in collaboration with professional divers and local volunteers.
“The Anambra State Police Command wishes to update the public on the ongoing investigation into the alleged kidnapping of three Cameroonian women in the state”, the statement said.
“Recall that police investigators had earlier arrested two suspects: Nonso Augustine Akpeh ‘M’, 37 years old, and Kingsley Akpeh ‘M’, 44 years old, who are currently assisting operatives with vital information.
READ ALSO: Police Reacts To Alleged Assassination Attempt On Lt Yerima
READ ALSO: Negotiation With Bandits: I Went To The Forest With Police Commissioner -Abubakar Gumi
“In continuation of these efforts, on the evening of 28th November 2025, police operatives attached to the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu, working in collaboration with professional river divers and local volunteers, conducted an intensive search along the Omambala River in Anambra West Local Government Area.
“During the operation, the team recovered two (2) female decomposed bodies believed to be victims of the kidnapping incident.
“The operatives immediately contacted the family of the kidnapped victims, who positively identified the recovered bodies as his wife, Mrs. Bognou Alice and his niece Miss Sandra”.
According to the statement, the bodies of the 2 women abducted in the state, had been deposited in a mortuary for further examination and necessary investigative procedures.
“The CP has also directed all units involved to strengthen operational activities aimed at apprehending the third suspect, Uchenna Nicholas Mmadu, who is currently on the run, to ensure he faces the full weight of the law.
“The Commissioner further reassures the public of the command’s unwavering commitment to protecting lives, maintaining security, and delivering justice,” the statement concluded.
