By Otunba T.J Abass
Honour they say begets honour, and so it was last Saturday, October 6, when an array of distinguished personalities from different walks of life rallied round Rtd Commissioner of Police, Otunba Damilola Adegbuyi, and his wife, Faith Adegbuyi, onwards Abviosi, in Uzebba, Sabongida council area of Edo State.
It was on the occasion of the burial rites of his father inlaw, Chief Thomas Onime who had gone to the great beyond after a worthwhile sojourn on earth.
The Eagle was privileged to witness impressive delegation of royal fathers – no less than 30 by modest count – led by his royal majesty, the Aladeshoyin and Paramount Ruler of Odo-Noforija Kingdom, Oba Babatunde Ogunlaja, JP.
Also in attendance were Oba Adetona Victor Ojo, the Owa of Ogbaji Land, Ondo State, Oba (BLDR) Asunmo Ganiu Aderibigbe Alayandelu of Odo – Ayandelu Lagos State. and Commissioners of Police present and retired, while the host of the event was Otunba Sam Dipeolu, the Akingbayi of Egba land.
It was inspiring to interact with such an array of royalty, who had travelled from far and near, braving inclement weather and in spite of their different commitments to give honour to whom honour is due.
Below is a list of some of the prominent royal fathers in attendance:
- Oba Babatunde Ogunlaja (JP) The Aladeshonyin and Paramount Ruler of Odo – Noforija Kingdom
- Oba Anthony Kayode Alakija, The Akija of Ikija, Ijebu Ogun State
- Oba Bayo Okubeno, The Elerunon of Erunwon, Ijebu Ogun State
- Oba (BLDR) Asunmo Ganiu Aderibigbe Alayandelu of Odo – Ayandelu Lagos State
- Oba Liasim Ogunbekun Onilekki of Lekki, Lagos State.
- Oba Ayodele Aliru Oba of Poka, Epe Division, Lagos State.
- Oba Adegboyega Adefowora Alaketu of Ketu, Epe Division Lagos State.
- Oba Buhari Balogun The Onmirokun of Irokun Kingdom Ogun State
- Oba Olusegun Ogunye the Ojotunmoro of Abigi Kingdom Ogun State
- Oba Mufutau Ogunnukan Adegbajo of Odogbawojo Kingdom Epe Division, Lagos State
- Oba Olatunde Oginni (JP) Olodogbo of Odogbo, Ijesha
- Oba Adetona Victor Ojo (JP) Owa of Ogbagi Kingdom
- Otunba T.J Abass Olu-Omo of Epe Land, Epe Division, Lagos State.
- Otunba Samuel Ayotunde Dipeolu Bobaseye of Odo-Noforija Kingdom Epe
- Division, Lagos State.
- CP Olusola Amore Commissioner of Police (RTD)
- Otunba Aderemi Sekoni Bobagunwa of Odo-Noforija Kingdom Epe Division, Lagos
17. Otunba Jelili Ogunyomi Gbobaniyi of Odo-Noforija Kingdom, Epe Division, Lagos State
18. Otunba Bayo Odujinrin
19. Alhaji Oluremi Olisa
20. Otunba Olayinka Olarenwaju