Connect with us


There Was No Light Before He Started The Connection And Then…



There Was No Light Before He Started The Connection And Then...

In Unity Estate, Aregbe, Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State, a middle-aged electrician was electrocuted on Tuesday while assisting a neighbor in resolving an electrical issue.

The Police Public Relations Officer of the Ogun State Command, SP Omolola Odutola, confirmed the incident and said that she would soon issue a statement on the  incident.

It was gathered that one Elijah of Unity Estate, Aregbe area of Obantoko, Odeda local government area of Ogun State, had engaged the service of an electrician to help rectify an electric fault.


READ ALSO: Your Transformational Leadership is Incomparable, NNPP Chieftain Ajadi Felicitates Kwankwaso on Birthday

A source in the community said   residents fled in the ensuing panic, adding that the incident was reported at Aregbe Police Station.

The source said, “He was an electrician who was engaged to help with repairs of electrical fault in Mr Elijah’s house. He has been the one assisting in fixing faults when IBEDC men were not around.


“There was no electricity before he started the connection. But while he was on it, power was restored. He was electrocuted. Those around initially fled, but later Mr Elijah went to Aregbe Police Station to report, before the Community Development Association members joined him.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *