The fears of many concerning a gospel artiste doused with fuel and set alight, has eventually come to pass: she has given up the ghost.
Rachel Wandeto was attacked by persons whose exact identities and motives have now become a subject of government investigation in Kenya.
The country itself is currently overran by fuel strikes amidst the president seeking to remain in power.
As at yesterday, she was fighting for her life at the Kenya National Hospital (KNH) from a 70 per cent burns after unknown people doused her with petrol and set her ablaze in Mwiki, near the capital, Nairobi.
She died earlier today leaving a trail of public outrage and suspicions, given that the motives of the attackers remain unclear.
An industry colleague Karangu Muraya, announcing the passage had stated:
“A great soul has rested… May your soul rest in peace, Rachel Wandeto”.
One theory is that she must have been attacked by those offended by her open support for President William Ruto who is seeking reelection.
They cite the fact that Rachel Wandeto went as far as drawing a tattoo of the president and that upon her attack, Interior Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen visited Wandeto on Sunday, a day before her demise.
READ ALSO: I Was Accused Of Planning A Coup After Kenya Visit -Obasanjo (UPDATED)
READ ALSO: How A Single Blow, Sent Fmr Lawmaker’s Chef To The Great Beyond
The artiste had gone viral earlier this year after tattooing President William Ruto’s face on her chest, along with “TUTAM” (Two Terms) and his name on her head/body.

Vehicle set ablaze by protesters; picture by The Star
Afraid of the repercussions of her open support, her relatives had reportedly evicting her.
Police and relatives of the gospel artiste say the artiste was attacked by three men who demanded money or benefits they claimed she received from Ruto due to her support.
When she said she had nothing, they doused her with petrol, set her hair on fire, and fled, they added.
Transport associations in the country had begun a nationwide strike from yesterday over the latest fuel price increases, saying the high cost of fuel has made operations unsustainable and is hurting businesses and households.
Officials from the transport and borehole drilling sectors announced the plan during a brief press conference stating:
“Effective today at midnight, all public service, commercial vehicles and private vehicles across Kenya shall cease operations until further notice due to the unbearable rise in fuel prices [and] harsh economic conditions affecting transport operators and common mwananchi,” said Cornelius Chepsoi, chairman of the Rig Owners Association.
