President Muhammadu Buhari has described the former governor of Lagos state and national leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as a political strategist and selfless leader.
Theeagle.com learnt that the president made the remark on Thursday, March 29, while making a speech at the 10th Bola Tinubu colloquium to mark the 66th birthday anniversary of the APC stalwart.
In his speech according to his special adviser on media, Femi Adesina, the president made 17 points about Tinubu, who he described as his friend and political partner.
he speech titled: ‘Investing in people’ read in full:
- “I am happy to be here with you to celebrate the birthday of my friend and political partner, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I call on all Nigerians to join me in celebrating this man. Asiwaju Tinubu is widely known as a political strategist. But strategy is barren unless wedded to a higher purpose than just itself.
- “Here, Asiwaju also sets himself apart. I have come to see him as a man who cares about people and who is a fountain of ideas for economic development and improving the situation of the common man and woman. He is a true humanitarian and we appreciate his contributions to Nigeria’s and Africa’s progress.
- “I salute the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo and other members, for initiating this colloquium a full decade ago. Over the course of that ten years, we have traveled far in one sense, yet have moved but a few steps in another.
- “We as a people and a nation are in the midst of a grand endeavor. We seek to change the ways and means of our collective existence, we seek to construct a nation where leaders no longer rule by whim but govern according to law and for the betterment of the people.
- “We seek to replace corruption with correctness, insecurity with safety and poverty with prosperity.
- “The road we tread is rough and hard in spots. The search for progress and reform has its rough patches. Many will fight you and connive to deter the march toward a better land.
- “Happy birthday Asiwaju. May God grant you many more years of good health and service to Nigeria.