When you talk about countries dearest in the hearts of travelers and settlers, whether for stay, business or education, Canada usually ranks first.
Many reasons account to why this is so, but all of these centered on the fact that it is a stable country, politically, economically and also offers tremendous opportunities for hospitality and leisure;.
The country Canada can be found in North America, its total territory covering about 9,093,507 square kilometers of land and 891,163 square kilometers of water.
Canada, formerly ruled by the United Kingdom, became independent in 1867, and is the 2nd largest nation in the world.
Its currency is denominated in the Canadian dollar, one of the world’s most cherished monies.
Here are other important facts about this country of prime consideration:
- The word Canada is derived from the Huron-Iroquois kanata, meaning a village or settlement. In the 16th century, French explorer Jacques Cartier used the name Canada to refer to the area around the settlement that is now Quebec city.
- Canada shares a 5,525-mile- (8,890-km-) long border with the United States (including Alaska)—the longest border in the world not patrolled by military forces—and the overwhelming majority of its population lives within 185 miles (300 km) of the international boundary.
- Canada is the second largest country in the world in area (after Russia), occupying roughly the northern two-fifths of the continent of North America. READ ALSO: TO BECOME A BILLIONAIRE, YOU NEED TO DO THESE TEN THINGS
- Canada is the 10th largest GDP by nominal and 16th largest GDP by PPP in the world, and its economy is dominated by the service industry which employs about three quarters of the population.
- Because of its high endowment in natural resources, Canada being the fourth largest exporter of natural gas, is considered an “energy superpower”
- With a population of about 37 million, compared to its large land area, abundant resources, stable government and impressive economy, Canada in a cherished placed to live in
- The automobile and aircraft industry are critical to the economy of Canada both for strategic and economic reasons.
- Canada has the longest coastline in the world, and accounts for the 8th largest commercial fishing and seafood industry in the world.
- Although the largest city is Toronto, the capital city of Canada is Ottawa, fourth largest city
-With facts from: Britannica, Wikipedia